Summer Bucket List Activities: 30 fun things to do while social distancing
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Written by Megan Bruckschen, Felician Village at Home Manager
The official start to summer 2020 is quickly approaching! While this summer may be different than other years, there are still safe ways to enjoy this beautiful season. Use the Bucket List Planner as a guide to holding yourself accountable for having a vibrant, enjoyable summer no matter what your interests are. This list was developed with older adults in mind, but many of the activities are great for families, young professionals, empty nesters… well EVERYONE!
- Take a day trip or plan a future trip
- Raise Monarch butterflies or plant butterfly friendly plants
- Set an exercise goal
- Read a new book
- Virtual or social distancing friendly volunteering
- Enjoy a summer salad
- Learn to knit or crochet
- Plant a container garden
- Declutter or organize a drawer, room or your whole house
- Update your family tree
- Get in touch with old friends or distant family members
- Outdoor recreation – golf, biking, hiking, kayaking, fishing, etc.
- Start your Christmas shopping
- Enjoy a picnic
- Journal or write a letter
- Be creative – dig into your recycle container, bird feeder, house, etc.
- Try a new restaurant for curbside pickup, delivery or outdoor seating
- Go to a drive-in movie theater
- Watch a sunrise or sunset
- Label and organize your printed or digital photos
- Learn a new language
- Watch the stars
- Make ice tea or lemonade
- Make a flower arrangement from your garden
- Take a rainy day nap
- Try something new you have always wanted to but never have
- Dress up even if you don’t have anywhere to go – put on a dress or suit, do your hair or makeup, wear extra jewelry
- Adopt a pet
- Join a new social group, Felician Village at Home is a great place to make new friends!
We hope this list gives you lots of ideas and spurs other ideas to keep yourself busy and active this summer!